So, I know I haven't been talking a whole lot about knitting lately and I mean to change that as much as I can. You see... almost everything I've been working on is a present for my friend, Karen, and her impending offspring, "Squirmy". I want her to be able to enjoy the fun of discovering what's in a gift box.
I'm probably going to have to let that go soon, though, or I'll never have any knitting stuff to talk about on my knitting blog. I think I'll just finish up the current projects and then everything else I start, I'll talk about here. She may not be surprised but she'll have the fun of anticipating getting the things she sees here.
But until then, there are Mystery Gift Projects and the first one arrived today so I can show you. Behold... hat and booties!
heeeee! They were really fun to make. The yarn is Patagonia Nature Cotton and I got it at ImagiKnit in San Francisco when I was there in March. I love the green as much as the Malabrigo Lettuce. It's sooooooo soft and pretty. I found the hat pattern for free online and totally want to make it again with the color combination they used.

The booties are from an awesome book "50 Baby Bootees to Knit" by Zoe Mellor. Dude... there will be many booties made from this book.
The gift box also included a present from Eva! She's getting better and better and decided to challenge herself with a kit she got at Unwind. I don't know what the yarn is but it's soooooooooo soft.

This is her finishing the first one at the GCP in April, at S's loft.
She loved them so much, she went back and got more yarn to make a pair for another friend who's expecting.


Aren't they cute?! I'm so proud of her and can't wait to see what project she decides to tackle next.
So, there'll probably be one more Mystery Gift Project, maybe two, and I'm trying to figure out what to make next, for myself. The Mariah hoodie is coming along but I'm at the hood and a little bored so it's hard to pick up at the moment. I'm letting it rest and will come back to it as soon as I can.
I'm thinking about doing a skirt with all that pretty Noro I got but I don't want the stripes to go across. I want them to go up and down, which means knitting it that way and I have to experiment with how tight to make the stitches so it doesn't stretch too much. In the mean time, I'll keep looking for a good pattern but nothing has caught my eye so far. Any suggestions?
And my other Malabrigo Aquarella keeps yelling at me from the stash but I can't figure out what to make. 5 skeins... I want to be able to make something bigger but maybe a couple of smaller things as Christmas gifts? Help!
I'm thinking about doing a skirt with all that pretty Noro I got but I don't want the stripes to go across. I want them to go up and down, which means knitting it that way and I have to experiment with how tight to make the stitches so it doesn't stretch too much. In the mean time, I'll keep looking for a good pattern but nothing has caught my eye so far. Any suggestions?
And my other Malabrigo Aquarella keeps yelling at me from the stash but I can't figure out what to make. 5 skeins... I want to be able to make something bigger but maybe a couple of smaller things as Christmas gifts? Help!


1 comment:
cy-ute!
Post a Comment