Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

So, you remember that blog entry, way back near the beginning of this lovely blog, when I told you that I had gotten fired, but not really?

If not, go check it out. I'll wait.

Well, we were just told that, as of May 30th, the firing will finally be for real. That's right, they're shutting down the offices at the end of this month and I will be officially laid off.

I'm going to try to keep blogging through this but it's been hard enough with all the OTHER stuff so I'm making no promises. Everything I had planned for my life is changing and it's really scary and I can only hope that Rob Brezsny knows wtf he's talking about 'cause I'm freakin out over here:

Free Will Astrology, week of May 1st

Taurus:
"Have you ever been filled with a terrible yearning to become something new? Do you know what it's like to be racked with a ferocious hunger to change your life? Speaking from experience, I know that such a state can sometimes feel heavy and dark. But I'm here to tell you that it can also be a tremendous asset. The key to transforming it into a gift, ironically, is to see it as a gift. So your assignment, Taurus, is to interpret your ache for transformation as a potent blessing. To do so will give you the power to perform magic you can't even imagine yet."

Week of May 8th

Taurus:
"Alison Covarrubias is a mentor for female entrepreneurs. Her "Ladies Who Launch" program inspires women to be brave and brazen as they develop their own businesses. One of Covarrubias's prime pieces of advice: "If you don't feel like you're going to throw up, you're not taking enough risks." That's also my message for you, Taurus. In the name of smart gambles and tricky success, I dare you to push yourself way out of the comfort zone."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome (almost) to the Unemployed Club! Meh..

Seems like a dark period for a lot of folks right now. Finding the strength to push on through it can be the most difficult challenge, too. But, as so many people have told me and is so true for you as well, there is something bigger and better out there for you. I wish you much success in your transformation, my friend!

Taueret said...

sorry to hear about your job but you are wasted as an office manager anyway!

kittywhumpus said...

Ah well, the plans to take over the world will just have to be stepped up a bit!