Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Update #1

1.) I sent a very important "potential career starting" email this morning... don't want to jinx it but please send good employment vibes my way.

2.) Haaaaaaaaaappy Biiiiiiiiiirthday, Kaaaaaaaaaren!!!

3.) We had so much fun at the GCP yesterday but you'll have to wait for pictures because today's pictures are from the yarn store sale Dayna and I hit on Saturday.

Hissy Knits has been an awesome LYS on the East Side for a while but with this economy, they're the latest to have to close their doors. Everyone who was there was so bummed to see them go and felt a little "vulture-ish" but there was such gorgeous yarn.

In front of the Big Red Barn that is Hissy Knits with my Saturday morning coffee. ---->








Dude... a whole wall of Noro...





We got there early and it was a good thing, too. Pretty soon the flood gates opened and you could barely move.








That was very good for Annie, the owner. Hopefully it all sold out and she's able to move forward to her next chapter. (man... sooooooo many people having to do that these days.)






Dayna added to her fast growing stash





And I made a pretty good haul myself... in my new Namaste knitting bag!









Remember the needle holder Eva got me and we agreed I should exchange it for something else when Unwind got new stock in? Well.... say hello to my brand new big, gorgeous needle holder. Eva so rocks....

Hope everyone had a great weekend and I'll have a few pics from Sex and the Knitty tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, I need to finish the scarf that I'm working on, so I can start using all the awesome freakin yarn that I got on Saturday.

*squee*