Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Birthday GCP at the Loft of Yumminess

So many awesome women! So many projects being created! Soooooo muuuuuuuuch fooooooooood.

That's what this last Sunday was all about and it was utterly luscious.

OK, I wrote that top part in the morning and have since been blankly staring at the screen all day. Today is the anniversary of a good friend of mine's passing away. I'm having a hard time getting into writing mode. I got that one picture up and a couple of sentences and.... nope, nothing else will come out. SO, we will fall back on the time tested "shower you with photos" entry and hope tomorrow is a better day.

Pictures from the kick ass GCP #4 at S&G's loft in Downtown LA. Of course, I forgot to take pictures at Michael Levine beforehand but believe me when I say YAY! Lots of great yarn and books and patterns and.. yeah, we'll be going back. (click pics for bigger)


Isn't their space gorgeous?!


And all the fooooooood...


J and Hoofie finally meet... I think there was some chemistry. She got a whole bag of knitting stuff for her recent bday and her mom taught her to knit so she's hopefully going to be a regular.

D (on the left) brought a bunch of great books as gifts! This one is mine... Thank you, D!


And this is what she was making... pwiddy!



Eva had given me her present before the party. A gorgeous needleholder... It was the only one they had at Unwind and Eva doesn't like the color that much so we're going to exchange it but could there have been a more perfect present? Thank you, Eva!


And the present that Dayna's been teasing me with for weeks?


A Domiknitrix hoodie!!!! eeeeeeee! So awesome... I've been wanting one forever. Thanks, Dayna! It was totally worth the torture. ;)

G was off playing with the boys for the day, but the other boy in their family got to hang out with us. He's a brand new addition to the household and was S's big bday present:



Monkey/Franklin/Fredrick/Colonel Mustard... they haven't made a final decision on the name but he's the cutest little dog in the world and we tuckered him out pretty good with all the lovin'.

More pics of him tomorrow when I post about the impromptu/first night with his new family/ my "new livingroom" warming/ celebration of Eric quitting a toxic job potluck. Yeah... that sentence structure? About all my brain can do. Until tomorrow...

No comments: