I don't go in for all that April Fools Day crap. Maybe in high school but not for a long time. No... to me this day signifies the beginning of one of my favorite things ever. My Birthday Month! Whoohoooooo!
That's right, April 24th is the exact day but I'm sure you all get that same little thrill up from your toes when your birthday month comes around.
Here's my wish list:
You're welcome.

You're welcome.
So, what else has been going on for me to not be writing as often, huh? Well, the same old feeling funky on top of putting every spare ounce of my free time and energy into rearranging my living room. Dude... you should see it. Well... yeah, I know you can't... I need to take some pictures, huh? Fine. I'll get on it.
It doesn't even really resemble a "room" right now... just random piles of flotsam and jetsam interspersed around pieces of furniture. And the furniture isn't in normal furniture places. The sofa is in the middle of the room... end tables everywhere... it's pandemonium!
I also see how I need to dust more often. We won't be saying anything more about that.
I'll do this every once in a while... rearrange. You kind of have to, to keep from getting sick of where you live. I used to move, I swear to you, every year without fail. For the entirety of my 20's I had never lived anywhere longer than a year. And it wasn't because I planned it that way... it would just........ happen.
Then, I started to be able to settle down a bit and I've been in the building I'm in now for 8 1/2 years. First in a studio for a couple of years, then the 1 bedroom I'm in now. I've had a few different living room layouts and it's like, "Presto! New apartment!" And doing it in the Spring makes the whole renewal feeling even more pronounced.
OK, I just went back through my other blog, looking for a picture I thought I had posted there of my building. I didn't find the picture but man, scanning through years of a blog is WEIRD! So much has happened! And yet so much is the same...
I'll have to find that picture later on my computer at home. For now, I need to get back to my second Mariah sleeve (yay!) and conserve my energy for more cleaning/organizing/moving around tonight. Happy April!
It doesn't even really resemble a "room" right now... just random piles of flotsam and jetsam interspersed around pieces of furniture. And the furniture isn't in normal furniture places. The sofa is in the middle of the room... end tables everywhere... it's pandemonium!
I also see how I need to dust more often. We won't be saying anything more about that.
I'll do this every once in a while... rearrange. You kind of have to, to keep from getting sick of where you live. I used to move, I swear to you, every year without fail. For the entirety of my 20's I had never lived anywhere longer than a year. And it wasn't because I planned it that way... it would just........ happen.
Then, I started to be able to settle down a bit and I've been in the building I'm in now for 8 1/2 years. First in a studio for a couple of years, then the 1 bedroom I'm in now. I've had a few different living room layouts and it's like, "Presto! New apartment!" And doing it in the Spring makes the whole renewal feeling even more pronounced.
OK, I just went back through my other blog, looking for a picture I thought I had posted there of my building. I didn't find the picture but man, scanning through years of a blog is WEIRD! So much has happened! And yet so much is the same...
I'll have to find that picture later on my computer at home. For now, I need to get back to my second Mariah sleeve (yay!) and conserve my energy for more cleaning/organizing/moving around tonight. Happy April!

2 comments:
You are so cute! I do the same thign with random words on random days... sometimes, they just don't look right! Weird...
Yay for Spring! And Spring cleaning! Planning on that for late April myself. I can't wait to see your rearranged space! Which reminds me, later this month, we need a Elaise and Marriah night... I'm thinking breadsticks need to be involved too. Heee.
And thanks for the wishlist... ideaas ideas ideas!
I was thinking the other day about how we never do that, at my place. Things seem to have one spot where they can be, and that's where they stay. How boring... maybe I'll put the sofa in the middle of the kitchen or something to spice things up a bit.
Post a Comment