So, the pictures I have to show you were of a little experiment in fixing things that I decided to partake in. You see, somehow while knitting away on my second toe sock, (yes, thank god I'm finally getting the second one going,) some stitches got twisted.
There weren't many of them and it's not like they made the sock unwearable, and for a little while I thought they were on the bottom of the toes so I didn't worry about fixing them. Then I looked and saw that they were on the top of the toes. Right-smack-dab-on-top-in-the-middle. *sigh*I knew I had to do it. I had to take my teensy bit of knowledge on how to pick up a dropped stitch and expand it to encompass the realm of dropping stitches ON PURPOSE in order to fix a messed up stitch rows back. So, I made sure I had nothing else to do (except IM with Karen but that's a given) and I devoted myself to the task.
Step #1 - Knit to the row that will unravel down to your problem stitch and start the ladder down.
I unraveled all three rows at once, to fix them all at the same time but if I ever have to do this again, I'm going to try doing one at a time because, as you'll see at the end, the tension got all out of whack.Step #2 - um... fix it. KnittingHelp.com has some great videos here that illustrate what you are not going to be able to see all at from my crappy pictures. I'm just showing these to you because I was doing a knitting learning thing and I thought "Hey! I need to take pictures of this knitting learning thing for my knitting BLOG!" Because of this, I'll make them small pictures but you can click on them to enlarge if you're so inclined.
Step #3 - Done!
Yay! See how they're all wonky? It's gotten better with a bunch of messing around with them to get their tension back to normal and I'm hoping a good blocking will do the final trick. Even if it doesn't, now every time I wear them and look down I won't be reminded of how I messed up and I suck, but of how I went back to fix it and it worked. And that's a pretty cool thing to be reminded of.







No comments:
Post a Comment