Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dayna's Housewarming GCP

It amazes me that we're already on Girly Crafty Party number 8, although sometimes it feels like Girly Crafty Party 108. Haven't I been doing these forever? No? Not even a year yet? Wild...

September's episode takes us to the new Whittier home of our girl, Dayna. She was one of the first people invited to be a part of this little idea of mine and I think she's been at all of them. Or if not all, then definitely most. Dayna, correct me in the comments please! She helps keep me excited about doing them, even when my energy wanes, and watching her grow to be such an awesome knitter is so inspiring. It was great to finally have it at her place!


Our awesome hostess, Dayna, getting us set up and me, modeling the finished Mariah hoodie! Whoot! I'll slowly get more pictures but it was so super hot that day, I couldn't keep it on for more than a minute. It's waaaaaaarm...


Dayna and Christine getting the drinks rolling and my red velvet cupcake. It was T's birthday and Karen brought cupcakes for us all. There ain't nothin' better than a red velvet cupcake.


The GCP Clan taking over Dayna's living room and a little shot of the awesome spread


Christine and Karen working on their projects and having Mimosas. Aaaaaaah, Mimosas...

Christine is hosting the next one at HER new place in Santa Monica so we're having two housewarmings in a row on opposite ends of Los Angeles. We're everywhere! ;)

I'm working on another present for Finn and I need to get moving on any Christmas knitting I'm going to do. I'm thinking it might be a socky kinda Christmas, plus my sister has just moved to Boston from San Francisco so she's going to need seriously warm clothes. Considering I almost passed out putting on the Mariah, I think I can handle that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are just so sweet! I love you! Hehe. And I've been a bad knitter... I've missed TWO. I was sick for the first one, and I spent Fathers Day with my family, but other than that, I've been at them all!

Can't wait for this month :)