Tuesday, March 11, 2008

San Francisco Part 1

*whew*! Back in LA and my brain is finally catching up. Editing pictures, getting them uploaded, laundry, catching up on ANTM and the finale of Project Runway... Yesterday was HARD!

But now I'm all caught up and ready to regale you with tales of the road and how Hoofie came to be. I'll have to put down my knitting, though, and it's not easy to put down Malabrigo Aquarella. Especially when it's so preeeeetty and greeeeen.

I went yarn shopping in SF. That's RIGHT! I DID! But that's for tomorrow's blog... Today's is for...

Hoofie! With my traveling companions and all around kick ASS people, Christine and Eric, (who you can see in the rear view mirror.)

Hoofie was born out of the mind, (and sense of humor,) of my boyfriend, Christopher. He was totally booked with work this weekend and couldn't come with us so he went to the store the night before we left and put together a road trip care package.

I know. How cool is THAT, right?

This gives you a pretty good idea of what was in it. Food... sudoku... silly puddy (in case we needed to copy something off of a newspaper)... a little tub of practical joke material... and on top of it all, this little stuffed horse in bunny footie pajamas. Christopher says he had to save him. Seems they were low on bunnies at the store so they were forcing him to dress up like one and he wanted outta there. I really can't blame him. I would hate to be forced to cross dress, too.

So, as soon as we cracked open the bag and started to marvel at all the wonders inside, it became apparent that this little guy needed to become our mascot for the weekend, not only filling in for Christopher but being celebrated in pictures throughout the land. And celebrate we did!

You can click on all thumbnails to enlarge and I'll try not to bore you TOO much...


Bubbles from the bag, first stop at Love's

They had cool hats. There were miles of gorgeous cherry trees along the highway so we finally stopped for pictures.


Next stop was Andersen's. You should definitely look at those bigger. heh


They had the weeeeeirdest crafty stuff there


Arriving at our hotel and heading over to the wine bar, Hotel Biron. Hoofie helped Eric pick some good ones for us.

Hoofie had a little too much wine. I finished his for him.


Then met up with my sister for dinner at Destino (and more wine).

And then back to her house to hang out and top the night off with, you guessed it, more wine.

And that's day one of our trip! Join us tomorrow as we (finally) hit the knitting store and do some shopping... mmmmmmmm Malabrigo...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christopher is so awesome! What a good did he did, saving poor Hoofie from the pit of despair that is CVS!!!