Lotsa stuff going on 'round these parts so my brain's ability to blog is suffering a minor setback. Never fear, it will recover and my long, rambly writing will continue apace. In the meantime, I'll continue to shower you with photos to make up for it. God, is spring in the air or WHAT? It's crazy...
Had Girly Crafty Party #3 this last weekend and celebrated Dayna's birthday. I got her a gift certificate for Unwind. (Hey, I got her hooked, I have to help support the habit a little bit.) It was a nice, small group so we didn't get as crazy as usual... well, except for when we gave Dayna her spankings but I will totally spare you those pictures.
(click for bigger)
Dayna and Eva getting the knitting going and T with her MASSIVE crocheted blanket. That pink trim on the black is to die for and I'm going to dip my toe back into Crochet Land to learn how to make it. (Past adventures in Crochet Land went well but it's just been so long.)
T made the most fantastic homemade cake! Chocolate... raspberry... ohmygod. And one little grape on top. T made Dayna suck it off. Ohdearlord, that's a scandalous sentence... See that Mimosa in the background, there? We drank lots of those.
(This is where the spanking happened. I will spare you but... yeah, it was really fun. hee!)
Then Hoofie came out to meet everyone! Yaaaay! S, who's getting to be such a good crocheter but, of course, I didn't get a picture of her work. (There were a lot of pictures I didn't get! damnit... want my brain back...) And S, who's starting to take an interest in learning to knit, which makes me quiver with excitement but I think I succeeded in looking calm on the outside so I wouldn't scare her off.
T was so excited to meet the infamous Hoofie after all she'd heard. He loved her, too. And the amazing D who is a trained opera singer and sang Happy Birthday. DUDE. Have you ever heard?... I mean... whoa... ohmyGOD. We had chills the whole time. And then she did a little Aria for us. (!!!) Just a little Aria... you know... no big deal... whatevah... (!!!) *passout*
It was a lovely day and I am such a lucky woman to be surrounded by so many incredible women. Happy Spring! The Equinox is just a couple of days away and I'll for sure celebrate with pics of the gorgeous green scarf...
Still Parenting...
10 years ago









3 comments:
looks like fun fun fun. That cake...agggh. want. cake. :-)
It's still in my fridge. I couldn't even eat it all
I missed cake, Hoofie, bday spankings AND Dahna's aria?! No fair!
Post a Comment