The only thing is that I don't like the cable twist in the ribbing along the bottom of the body and sleeve so, of course, as I'm starting to get a little big for my britches, I have to try and change it.

See her in the picture? She glares at these words in contempt.
I'm sorry! I just think that little cabling is fussy and I want clean ribbing! I'm totally going to do the cable on the sleeves. Please don't look at me like that... I really think you're amazing for making up this pattern. *grin*... *blink blink*
Ahwell, if you're not pissing someone off, you're just not doing it right. That's a lesson it's taken me a LONG time to learn and I still need to remind myself at times, but when I feel it, it feels really good.

The second bit of newness is...
The measurements for my neck thingy! I want it to be nice and snug so I need to put buttons or something on it. hmmm... maybe along the side...
And no, I haven't forgotten about the BOM. I finished it and have taken pictures. It is... however... still a bit........... loose. And I don't know what to do. I keep imagining throwing it in the dryer to make it shrink. Just a bit! Would that work...? I need to do some research online.
Oh! And the mitered corner in the bottom front of it? Yeah, the directions in the pattern = notsogood. I followed them exactly and got a mitered corner for sure, it was just backwards. I'll show you what I mean later. There are pictures but I just hate them so much, I don't want to post them. I'll have to cut it open and add a piece to make it work! On my huge coat.
Shrinking? In the dryer? Would that work? *sigh*

No comments:
Post a Comment