I don't like finishing projects.
What's up with that? Isn't the end result supposed to be the point of making something, at least partially? Why am I dreading it?
I've become aware of this little quirk in my knittiness as I close in on the end of the BOM. I just need to attach the pockets, sew in loose end, blockblockblock and I'm done. DONE! And I donwanna.
Is it fear of the end product not being what we want it to be? During the creating, we can imagine all of the wonderful ways it's going to be perfect but if we actually get it done, we have to face the reality. That could be it...
Is it that whatever project we're feeling this with has become a comfortable, faithful companion and, once it's done, then it'll be gone, like a child? No more carrying around the Big Orange Monster in its Lair... The thought makes me a little sad, although it'll be nice not to have the burden of such a big project.

The BOM in its Lair ->
It'll be nice to have my knitting bag back. To be able to carry a couple of projects around without fearing they'll fall out because the Monster takes up all the room.
I didn't feel this way with the Awesome Kitty Hat... maybe because it happened so quickly.
And speaking OF! Check THIS out!
Done!
eeeeeee!
There are even more pictures at my NEW RAVELRY ACCOUNT! That's right, kittywhumpus and I are both on there as of yesterday, and it's all I could do to escape long enough to post this blog.

(You won't be able to see my profile on the Ravelry link until it goes public in May but ohman... it's pretty cool. Kinda like myspace for knitters/crocheters but better.)
Have I told you I'm a dork yet? Just checking...
OH! And the Cloche hat came today! eeeeeee! I'm so excited I could pee... but I haven't opened it yet. Don't want the fun to be over yet. Aaaaaah, there it is. Another piece of the "donwanna finish it" puzzle.

No comments:
Post a Comment