Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The GCP Met the Oscars

The Girly Crafty Party met the Oscars and boy was it a tight fit! I got carried away and tried to cram way too many people into my living room. Luckily, everyone was cool with each other so we smooshed and it was all good.

The first to arrive was Dayna. This was her very first time knitting so Eva and I met up with her at Unwind so she could pick out her yarn. (I actually went into Unwind and did NOT buy yarn. It's a miracle. Although... I did buy some needles so... damn, not so much with the miracle.) She got a really pretty green and some #8's and dude, she picked it up as if she'd learned years ago. She even tackled purling right away and got it down!

This is her in the Awesome Kitty Hat. It's a spontaneous portrait that later turned into the theme of the night when T arrived and freaked OUT about how cute it was. She then made everyone put it on for a picture.



T and Eva




S and B smiling, Marriah and Christopher being goofballs

And over the course of the night, Eva actually made her own Awesome Kitty Hat.


T had to try it on, of course. Aren't the colors cool? SO love it!

S worked on some curtains for her house and Marriah was in the middle of a series of beautiful, delicate hair pieces.



Once the awards got underway, more people arrived and the crafts were put away to make room for the massive spread of food. I'm all outta pictures but I know T got a ton more so we'll see what she sends us later this week.

I'm kinda torn between having the next party at a larger place so we can invite more people and keeping it small so we don't lose the intimate atmosphere. We have until April to figure it out because March is just too jam packed to be able to have one. That's good... it gives me plenty of time to forget how small my living room is. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for goofballs! You bring such fun into my life!