(*What IS a Girly Crafty Party, you ask? Well, for the most part it's just a big, fat excuse to get a bunch of really kick ass women together to drink Mimosas and hang out on a Sunday. If people end up making cool stuff while we do it, more's the better. I tried to call it something to do with knitting, Chicks with Sticks being a favorite, but as I ended up being the only one knitting, that seems kinda dumb.)
The first GCP...... oooo, I like that... sounds like a super spy organization... and the second acronym of this blog. Awesome...
The first GCP was a goofy, raucus success, with a bunch of really great women getting together at my house for the abovementioned excuse. T even brought over Pomegranate Martinis which we, luckily, saved until the end or there woulda been NO craftiness happening. Those suckers are good but strooooong. Not as strong as Peartinis, though... thank god. Those suckers'll knock you out FLAT.
T (R), teaching S (L) how to crochet. She's now a total addict. Mwhaaaahaaaahaaa
My best friend Eva, the freak without a blog. She's quilting.Isn't she CUTE! Love her... She lives across the hall and years ago someone called her my wife. It stuck. She's my Wifey and I'm hers. Our boyfriends totally lucked out because they get instant extended family just by dating us.
Christopher even calls her his Second Wife, then he usually puffs himself up like a peacock and struts around for a minute before breaking it to whoever he's talking to that "she's not really................ but she kinda is..." and then he changes the subject and lets them wonder.
I love my boyfriend.
Anyway, so the GCP is kinda a secret party society because my living room can only hold so many people. I have big plans to find other places to gather so the group can grow and fingers crossed, it'll happen.

This is me trying on the BOM. See those ripples? They're GONE! I ripped out the whole hem and redid it. It's so pretty now, except for the not-being-done part.

Starting the rip --->
I'll finish it! Ooooo... that's my deadline. I have to finish it in time for the next GCP on the 24th. It'll be my "dress" for the Academy Awards...
Peartinis (Be careful!)
2 parts pear vodka
1 part triple sec
a squeeze of lemon
a splash of 7-Up
Pear slices
1 part triple sec
a squeeze of lemon
a splash of 7-Up
Pear slices

1 comment:
oh how i miss the sunday noshes!
have a wonderful oscar party!
love love love
vic
Post a Comment