It's Memorial Day weekend and, aside from going over to a couple of friends' places tomorrow, I have no plans. It's weird. I'm having a day like I did last 4th of July... blogging from bed and trying to figure out what's going on in my life.
I had such a massive and devastating breakup over this weekend in 2005. Is that only 4 years ago?! That's just crazy... it feels like a lifetime.
I had dinner with a friend last weekend. We talked about business ideas and what we want to do. He's actually a pretty successful businessperson and, over the course of this conversation, he basically challenged me to pursue something I've been dreaming about for a long time but never felt it would be possible to do. He wants to help me.
I'm pretty much freaking out. The responsibility, the commitment, the sheer growing up necessary to do it... I don't know if I can. Of course I CAN but....
Had an amazing conversation with my therapist about suffering. The difference between the suffering we do by choice because it's necessary vs the suffering we experience because of something done to us. So very different although the second has greatly affected my perception of the first. I need to start working on changing that perception...
I just got dressed so I could take pictures of my finished shrug, took the pictures, got undressed again and back into my robe. heh... going to have to put on real clothes at some point, though. Forcing myself to walk up to the store to get out of the house.
Definitely a bubble bath kind of night...
Still Parenting...
10 years ago

1 comment:
eh... I think getting into real clothes is sometimes overrated. We call those moments "water conservation days" over here; I pretend it's my contribution to saving the world and sometimes, when I squint really hard, I can convince myself it's true.
Taking a jump of any kind is a scary thing, and regardless of your choice, I hope it's not a painful, drawn-out process in coming to a decision. I find indecision crippling and complete drain of my reserves.
(And I hope we get to hear more about it when you're ready...)
Post a Comment