Friday, May 15, 2009

Birthday

Catching up on my blogging with a recap of the Birthday Madness that went down last month. Not only was it my birthday, but friends James, Laur and Shae were also born around the same time so we combined forces to have a big blowout club event.



Most of the pictures are a little much for my nice, sweet knitting blog but I'm open to sending a link to the rest if you write and ask.




I received so many wonderful gifts but I think my favorites had to be (L) Hamster erasers from Tressa... dude, they're so cute (C) A Namaste Needle Case and Glass Knitting Needles from Eva! She went so above and beyond... They don't even make those needles anymore (R) Laur took me to her favorite Thai Massage place and we had the most wonderful afternoon there and then going to lunch at Red Corner Asia, one of the best restaurants in Thai Town.


But even more fun that receiving was giving and I was able to make some great gifts for my fellow birthee's this year. I made a pair of gloves for Shae (and a pair for Christine, who had her birthday in March,) a beautiful belt for Laur (hopefully pictures soon) and the most fun project, a latex tie for James with his company logo on it. I had to cut that out by hand! It was a challenge but turned out so well and I'm very proud.


And on the 26th, I poured myself a drink and had a toast to my father on his Death Day. He is greatly missed but it's gotten easier as the years go by. This was a good year and, even though there's been a bit of emotional turmoil, all is well and I'm looking forward to seeing what this next year will bring.

No comments: