Welcome to the winter wonderland that was my Christmas.
Do you see the road that's there? No? Exactly. We got a lotta snow in Minnesota this year. One of the snowiest Decembers on record, actually. And the most amazing part of this snowiest of snowy Christmases? Both my sister and I made it there and back without any of our flights being canceled. (Well, her second one there was but she got on the next one and made it only a couple of hours later than she would have been before. Barely counts.)


While we were all snuggled inside I knit on Finn's present and my Sister made some of her world famous bacon wrapped water chestnuts. She makes those like I make Makufkas... for special occasions and everyone loooooves them. How much do you love the back of that apron? So love.
Mom loved the socks... I didn't get any great shots of them on her but she wore them the next day to Christmas with the whole family and everyone was so impressed. Guess what they all loved the most.... yup, the freaken bobbles. At least they were worth it!
My Sister loooooved the scarf, it didn't freak out her skin at all and I'm going to make her mittens to go with it.
I won't bore you with tons of family stuff but in short, we had a wonderful time, I made Post Christmas Cosmos and Mom gave me a bunch of her old knitting needles, which were exactly what I was wanting because knitting socks on wooden needles blows. (freaken bobbles.) Oh, and also had coffee with an old high school friend who's just started a blog about getting a Friesian horse. It's pretty cool! Go check it out...
It was awesome, I went to St. Paul to see Karen, meet Finn, buy Malabrigo, go on a kick ass date and then it was back to LA just in time for New Years Eve. I went straight to Tressa's from the airport and was able to spend the evening with some of my favorite people...
Our hostess with the most-est, making a bunch of awesome pizzas for the masses. Eric, showing us his poor thumb that was dislocated.
Laur, silently mocking me for trying to get good pictures in the dark. P and M, making a sandwich. God, I love them all so much...
All of us standing around the fire and throwing in our wishes to burn away into the night. It's a great tradition and I'm definitely going to be doing it every year.
Hope you all had a great Holiday and please come join us in the cult of St. Germain! You'll be so glad you did...














1 comment:
OK, Boston must be agreeing with seestah because she looks GREAT!
Post a Comment