Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jaaaaaaazz Chicken

  1. Went to see Eddie Izzard on Friday night with my awesome friend, Christine. The new quotes are "cough cough tiger cough" "jazz chicken" and "batshit crazy". I've loved batshit crazy for years so that one will not be hard to adopt into the personal lexicon.
  2. Afterwards, met up with a couple of girlfriends at La Poubelle and I think it could easily turn into the new go-to place. It's a little expensive but everything else about it rocks.
  3. Yesterday, stopped at the store on my way to a party and there was a huge event going on at the Celebrity Centre that had a bunch of streets blocked off. The best part was that Anonymous was there, demonstrating! It was sooooooooo aaaaaaaaawesome.
  4. Then went to a lovely party for a friend who's going to have surgery soon... wanted to send her off right. It was a house filled with so many wonderful women, some of whom I was meeting for the first time and we all just had a blast drinking wine and laughing into the night. What is it about kitchens that it's impossible to escape them during parties?
  5. When I was driving home, there was this beautiful smell to the air and it took me back to so many times driving home at 2am, just glowing from having such a wonderful time. It's been a while since I've felt that way and it was nice... it was a relief to be able to feel alive like that again. Hell, at this rate, I just might have my libido back by the time I turn 40.
  6. Today was the GCP and we set up around the pool of one of the ladies, Karen. It was lovely but I was sad and couldn't seem to break out of it. Even surrounded by so many great friends, I felt lonely. The slingback from feeling so good the night before, I guess.... whatever.
  7. Yeah... I just need a nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good......