So I don't think I'm going to be taking the bus anymore. It's been fun, LA Metro Transit System, but you suck.
Between buses breaking down, (happened a couple of times now. very much no fun.) and the infuuuuuuuuriating experience of my connecting bus home NEVER being less than a half hour later than it's supposed to be, I just can't take it anymore. I stand there, waiting for that f&%#ing connector and I feel like a prisoner of war. I'm standing in this crappy neighborhood and I have to hum to myself to keep from screaming. This leads anyone around me to believe I'm one of the Crazy Bus People and, as much as I don't mind them, I do not want to be one of them. Trying to take my life in the other direction, thankyouverymuch.
Also, (and it's this more than anything,) it's starting to get dark when I'm getting home and mama don't play that "walking alone in Hollywood at night" game. Even if it is just a couple of blocks. Granted, I've rolled those dice a few times but doing it on a regular basis would be pushing my luck to an absurd degree and I just can't do it. The house always wins...
If I'm still at this job come spring, when the days are long enough again, I might give it another shot. Who knows what'll be going on in my life next year and what the gas situation will be but I'll keep the option open. For now, I'm just so frackin RELIEVED to not have to do the death march home anymore! Fuck you Metro Local 217!!!
(I tried not to say it but I finally lost the fight.)
Still Parenting...
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment