I really really need to remember this moment for the next time in life that things are dark and hopeless. It does get better! If you let it... Things are so much better and I'm determined to keep the good comin'.
And now I transport us back in time to the last Friday evening in August 2009 and the final Silverlake Wine tasting at Barnsdall Art Park of the season. It was an utterly gorgeous cool evening, after many days of heat so we chose to set up back in the original spot with it's ample shade and slightly less claustrophobic surrounding crowd.
Laur and I were so excited that we got there extra early and were the first ones in line. (I know... geeks) We were soon joined by our friend, J, who had never been so it was fun to experience it all for the first time again, through her.
We decided to sample the food trucks this time, instead of bringing our own food, and we were NOT disappointed. The first was the Let's Be Frank hot dog truck. Really delicious and all organic, free range, local products. I could have had 5 but wanted to save room for...


...the Dosa Truck. Indian food! In a lunch truck! So awesome... Dosas are Indian Crepes that are filled with any number of wonderous goodies. I had one and a Samosa and I was aaaaalmost full.


...the Dosa Truck. Indian food! In a lunch truck! So awesome... Dosas are Indian Crepes that are filled with any number of wonderous goodies. I had one and a Samosa and I was aaaaalmost full.
But of course, had to save a little room (for wine and) for ice cream! The Cool Haus ice cream truck has to be just about the cutest truck on the planet. It's teeny and run by the coolest women and you get to pick your own ice cream and cookies. I had chocolate chip ice cream between one chocolate chip cookie and one ginger cookie. It was heaven!
(L) Smoke from the Station Fire
And all of this while we watched the most glorious sunset, catching up with each other and enjoying the great East Side crowd. I really hope they can do these events again next summer and you know we're already planning our Fridays there...













No comments:
Post a Comment