Friday, February 27, 2009

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand SCENE

You know that expression? It's making fun of actors when they finish a scene and turn to the audience to let them know... "Aaaaaaaaand SCENE" Then you take a deep bow because it was just the best scene ever and you must acknowledge the praise you're about to get.

I finished my fishnets...



Cute, huh?

Not only are they done but this completes all of my Christmas knitting in its entirety. I'm done. Everything that I had on the needles from the time of Christmas gift creation through everything begun over the holiday itself is completed. I don't know why this feels like some big accomplishment for me, but it does. I have nothing on the needles! I need to start at least a couple of projects, if not a few. What do I do?

It's beginning to warm up here in LA (it soooooo smells like Spring in the mornings now.) I need to think about good warmer weather projects. Little tanks and such to flit around in when it's all hot and sunny. Then maybe also a cute little shrug-like item to slip over my shoulders when the evenings are nippy. Maybe with my new Robin's nest colored Malabrigo.... mmmmmyeah



I've also come to realize that I don't have a good........... wait for it............





hat.

I don't have a good hat! I'm a freaken KNITTER and I have crap hats! What is UP with me?

So there they are, three projects that need to get off the ground relatively soon. Oh, and I want to do some thigh-highs with that gorgeous Malabrigo sock yarn I got in Minnesota. Four! Do I have enough to do those? Gotta check... Oh, and I totally need to do a lace scarf/wrap/shawl for those warm evenings. Five... Damn, I got to get on it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand SCENE

2 comments:

Miss C said...

wait...you actually MADE those fishnets? And here I was thinking that all fishnets were made in china...that it was virtually impossible for them to be made elsewhere...let alone in your apt.,by YOU! You are my new hero!!!

Anonymous said...

Ei Yi Yi!!

Looks pretty good to me!

And oh-so-jealous of your Christmas Knit completion. I still have four projects to finish, unless a pair of socks counts for two, then I have five. That doggone afghan is going to take the life right out of me.