Thursday, December 25, 2008

Finally! My Sister's Christmas Scarf

She opened it last night so I can finally show it to you...

It started out like this (after trying the Pippi cable and then another one that didn't work either) and I knew I was just in love. It wasn't going to be the cloud of fluffiness I had in mind (as cables are more "dense" than "fluffy") but it was so beautiful, I let that bit of preconception go.



And then I knit everywhere... Whenever my hands weren't doing something else, they were knitting this scarf. It was a labor of looooooove (although taking a wee break from cabling will do my hands some good). I ended up having to go get some more as the two skeins I had were not going to be enough. I used three skeins for the scarf, I have one to potentially do a hat or mittens to go with it, and no, I'm not going to tell you how many I have for myself now...


Here you can finally see Piepurr with the scarf. Note the blissed out kitten face. She loved the Misti Alpaca almost as much as I do.


And here's what it looks like all blocked out. I love that you can see the side cables a little better but I kind of miss the coziness of the center cable the way it was before. It does have a little more of that "fluffy" element I was looking for at first so, six of one half a dozen of the other.

Now, what to do with my two skeins.... DOH! I told.

No comments: