Nonetheless, they rallied to take advantage of their last full day together and take the day trip they had planned with a friend of hers. The destination?
Salem!
Whoohoo! It's a good thing they don't burn us anymore or we wouldn't have been able to take such a lovely drive up there and wander amongst the many most awesome "museums".
They wouldn't let us take pictures in the Witch Museum but that's ok, you're not missing much. It was filled with many very old, very dusty mannequins in alternately lit tableau's, with a voice over presentation that seems to have been recorded in approximately 1692, when the museum looks to have been founded.
After being dumped out into their rather vast gift shop, (in which I got a magnet and some salt water taffy... the best kind of taffy,) we ventured forth along their little copycat red line painted on the sidewalks to the other museum we just HAD to hit:
The New England Pirate Museum!
(You HAVE to click on that link... The pictures! The mannequins! Priceless.)
(You HAVE to click on that link... The pictures! The mannequins! Priceless.)
Here we are with our new boyfriends, (I know what you're thinking... "again?" I'm fickle.)
And the awesomeness of their gift shop. (Marriah, I was thinking of you the whole time)
The tour was much better, as it was a live person talking to us, but the mannequins were in even worse shape than the Witch Museum and their "80 Foot Cave" was a really musty smelling hallway with rocks painted on the walls. We loved it.
And then we had lunch and decided that Salem was just a little too overwhelming, especially for me in my delicate condition, so we headed back to the city. All in all, a very good day, even more so considering that during any other hangover I'd have just stayed home, curled up on the sofa all day.
And then we had lunch and decided that Salem was just a little too overwhelming, especially for me in my delicate condition, so we headed back to the city. All in all, a very good day, even more so considering that during any other hangover I'd have just stayed home, curled up on the sofa all day.
And here is my last day in Boston. We drove out to Harvard to walk around and look at all the Harvard-y goodness. I was hoping to maybe meet a for-real boyfriend but no luck.
We had lunch at the loveliest little restaurant and then I was off. Here I am coming in over LA.
It's weird... as much as I dream of finding somewhere else I could love to live, I always feel relieved to be coming back to Los Angeles. Maybe it's the sheer size, and the sense of possibility that comes with that, or maybe I just haven't been to the right other place at the right time to feel as if I've found another home. I don't know but I do know I love my sister so much and can't wait to live near her again. I love the rain and the weather and the history and it was really great to actually get to WEAR all my pretty knitwear. I really love the East Coast. We shall see...
And that concludes our 3 Part series on my Thanksgiving trip to Boston. Thank you for tuning in and we now return to our regularly scheduled life. Yikes... until Christmas in two weeks! I better get knitting...
And that concludes our 3 Part series on my Thanksgiving trip to Boston. Thank you for tuning in and we now return to our regularly scheduled life. Yikes... until Christmas in two weeks! I better get knitting...














2 comments:
yay!
can't wait to see you!
Awwwww! Thanks for thinking of me, hooray for Witches and Pirates and awesome East Coasty goodness! xoxox
Post a Comment