Monday, December 22, 2008

Closing in on my 18 hours of travel

The sunset over Minnesota on hour 14 of my insane travel day. Two
flights and both of them... get this... got in early. When does that
happen?! Especially during a snowy Christmas season.

I also had lovely airport experiences all day. Met Linda (Is that
right? I'm so bad with names) at the Dallas airport when she saw me
knitting and came over to say hi. She's going to check out the blog.
Don't be afraid of all that dominatrix stuff, Linda! I'm very nice,
really, as I hope you experienced.

I was also one of the first people at the airport this morning. We all
bonded waiting for the security check to open. I drove to where I
dropped off my car at 2:30am... got to the airport just before 4...
waited in a lot of lines while the security set up, dreaming of the
Peppermint Mocha Twist I'd have once inside. Finally got there and
waited for them to open, then finally to the front of the line and
they're out of peppermint. Dude.

But I didn't let it get me down and finally got one in Dallas.

My eyes are burny from the tired but just one last leg, by shuttle,
and I'm home. Hope any travel you do goes as well! Eva my wifey wasn't
as lucky. Her flight to Seattle was so cancelled, she couldn't get
another until the 27th. Just talked to her... She rented a freaken car
and is driving! To Seattle from LA! By herself! Sending her good
travel vibes...

No comments: