Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Where HAVE I been?

So wtf happened to this "unemployed more time to knitblog" thing, huh? I really don't know. I guess I just don't know what to say...

I've been job hunting but whenever I start to surf craigslist, I get soooo depressed. Seriously... go check it out and tell me you won't feel like ending it all after two pages of those listings.

I know part of it is just me... I don't want to go back to feeling like my job is prison. I want to be doing something that I at least don't HATE. Go figure, huh? So, I'm primarily putting the word out with my friends and looking for things that way. There is a potential something amazing in the works but I don't want to jinx it so I won't say anything until I know for sure if it's happening...

I also found out my unemployment insurance is actually a (relatively) decent amount so that'll really help. I'll obviously still be using the severance I got from the old job, and trying to find things on the side, but that definitely takes the pressure off a bit and keeps me from panicking too much. Except for when I wake up in the middle of the night... that's fun. *sigh* Why is it that our brains think we can solve everything in the middle of the night if we just KEEP THINKING? It's the middle of the night! Of course we can't solve it! But our brains refuse to listen.

On a positive note, I've actually had some days of really being able to live in the moment and being able to appreciate and enjoy having this time off. I had gotten so stuck in my schedule that this jarring push out of it has been good for my head. Breaking out of the box! And I'm headed to Boston over Thanksgiving to visit my sister so there's much to look forward to.

I'll definitely try to update more... especially when I have news!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez... I fall off the blog-o-sphere for a few weeks and major events take place.

I'm sorry to hear about your layoff... we're sort of in the same boat. They are closing my husband's facility in March, so we have to find him a new place to work.

I hope you're enjoying you "down time" at least a little... even if the joblessness is hanging over your head.