OK, no big job news yet but it's getting closer... I'll definitely know what's up this week. I do have big knitting news in that I finished my sister's birthday present. Yay!
It was supposed to just be armwarmers but then I had so much yarn left over, I made it a full set.




The buttons are square pieces of leather. Fingers crossed she likes them! I also decided on a pattern for her Christmas Misti Alpaca scarf. It's Pippi, a Vogue cable pattern, which will go down the center, with I'm not sure what yet on the sides. So relieved to find something I like, though... I've been scouring Ravelry for days and haven't found anything quite right.
Tressa passed on this great article about knitwear in main stream fashion. Such gorgeous stuff and it makes me so proud to be a knitter. It also makes me insanely jealous and I want to take all of their beautiful, expensive yarn.


2 comments:
oh oh oohhh!!! That set is so very gorgeous! And where in the world did you find those buttons? I'm always on the look out for funky-awesome buttons, and I've never seen anything like those. Did you make them?
Sigh. Soooo jealous, but trying really hard not be be.
what a super set you designed you are so creative...
Post a Comment