Sunday, May 2, 2010

Birthday Weekend Wrap-up

You don't know how hard it is for me to sit down to write this. As expected, I'm going through a bit of a downswing after the amazing tour de force that was last weekend and all I want to do is stare at the ceiling. But it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I'm actually very grateful for the down time to recover and mull. I always have a depression after my birthday, as my Dad's Death Day demands acknowledgment before we can all move on...... aaaaaaand moving ON!

Warning... This blog entry is going to be very photo heavy. I'm sure you can deal.

As you know, Karen came out for the weekend. No pics from that first day except for the shoe shot and another shoe shot over on her blog. We had such a lovely evening... see previous entry. Friday morning was filled with leisurely coffee drinking, bagels, Big Bang Theory and evolved into Mad Errand Running in the afternoon, in which there was a great Transportation of Stuff to the home of our dear friend, Marriah. You've seen her before on this blog as a part of the GCP and she was actually a big instigator of Karen's coming out, offering up her home for our mutual birthday celebrating. I don't yet have many pictures from that evening but should be getting them soon. Until then, this is really the only one I can give you:



It was a naughty formal for all the nearest and dearest. Suffice it to say, the evening was fantastic, the food, (from the Chef at my store,) and bar were a huge hit, SO many wonderful friends came, I got some kick ass presents and around 5am we were crawling into our room at the W Hotel Hollywood. That's right... our room.



My friend from The Other Side, let's call him J, and his girlfriend, C, had decided to come in for the weekend and wanted to help us celebrate this big milestone year with a few days of pampering and playing. How could we have possibly said no?! They got a huge suite overlooking Hollywood Blvd and we had an adjoining room. Christine stayed with us as well, so there was a whole pack of us enjoying all the W could offer.


A small sliver of the suite/The view at night/Straight out/The view to the east

Do you remember my previous fascination with the construction of the W? It started with watching the huge frame go up and then the construction lights making the whole place look like a fairyland castle from a distance. I wanted to go play in that fairyland and I finally got to. It was one of the best gifts ever.

On Saturday morning, we rolled over to the big suite, ordered room service, had some of the best Mimosas I've ever had, caught up on the events of the previous night and planned out our day.



The plan for Saturday? A lovely massage and pedicure at the Bliss Spa and then a prime cabana by the pool! These suckers ain't easy to come by and I was so excited to see what the scene at Drai's (the rooftop pool and club) was like. I was hoping for awesome but had heard it was douchey and it turned out to be so absolutely awesomely douchey. Seriously... the sentiment of the day was that we never felt the need to experience it again but we were SO glad we got to experience it once. Priceless!


We were definitely the coolest cabana/The absolutely douchiest cabana. Click to enlarge and take in the antics that K's laughing at/K is one of the people I met through work and whom I'm totally keeping.

Saturday night, as exhausted as we were, we had another party to go to. This one with a "School" theme.


Not many pics from that night but here's Laur being a very naughty schoolgirl and flashing all of the people in line to get into Drai's/I went to Catholic school so this works for me

The party (what little we were able to stay awake for) was lovely and on Sunday morning we again had our breakfast, (again with the best Mimosas ever,) and got ready for the next party. This one an afternoon gathering at Station, the gorgeous outdoor bar that's managed by the hotel itself and is so much better than the roof.


This one was for all of the people who aren't invited to kinky play parties.


That final night of the weekend/Taking Karen to the airport

God, I'm exhausted. I'm going to publish this and then see if there's anything that needs to be added later. Just got more pictures in so there will be a bit for sure. Then I have to get back to some freaking knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures bring back good memories. Very good ones. I am glad I got to be a part of a wild, crazy, special and memorable weekend.

An old friend from The Other Side.