Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gotta go to work soon...

OK, big catch up time!

First, I have a job for reals now. It's a brand new gourmet market/restaurant/neighborhood hang out called The Oaks Gourmet and it's really awesome. The website doesn't have much on it at the moment but here's a good blog entry by Blackburn & Sweetzer, describing it really well. We were there all last week and until after 1am on Thursday night, getting everything ready, and I got to work on opening day, yesterday. It was so fun and really exciting!


At this point, everything is so new and chaotic, it'll be interesting to see how things settle in. I want to be planning the first wine tasting there by the end of the month, get a twitter and facebook going, etc. The owner has been so focused on getting it actually open that now he might be able to spare some attention for that stuff. Keep your fingers crossed! I'll also still be doing things with Fierce as time allows and hopefully there'll be big events to make clothing for next year.


The other big thing that happened lately is I got to have a "Cinderella" weekend when a friend came in from out of town and let me hang out with him in his seriously higher social bracket. Amazing view of the Sunset Strip from the hotel room (first two pics), hangin' in Malibu (center right) and dude, check out the size of this banana split (right). Seriously good living. It's a weird world, people, and after all the crap of the last couple of years, it's nice to experience the other side, even for a little while.




And finally, a great experience having the GCP out at Kung Pao Kitty instead of at one of our houses. The goal was to be able to open it up to new people and, although there were a ton of scheduling conflicts that kept us from being able to have new folks yet, we will for sure next time.

Speaking of next time, we're taking a little break and not having a gathering in October. People are just too nuts, (especially me,) so we're gathering again in November. It'll be so nice to have a little break, as I'm the only person who's been to every GCP since the beginning!

Off I go... got to get ready for work! xo

No comments: