Monday, November 23, 2009

Althea's Hat

Hey All, feeling a bit better so my melancholy has lifted some. Work is so weird... At the same time that I've started looking for something else, I get a promotion. I'm trying to take this as an opportunity to voice my opinions about the current situation in hopes that some change will come, but not counting on it. The best part about it is that, as a manager/trainer, at least I can put this job on my resume now. Cashier is definitely not a position I would want to base future employment on.

In other news, I watched the season finale of Project Runway and fell in LOVE with a hat one of the contestants was wearing. Hereafter to be known as the Althea Hat, here it is:





Isn't it CUTE?! I've been trying to figure out a pattern for it and I'm almost there except for one thing... there are the big cables but, in between, there's a funky criss-cross element. What IS that? Anybody know? Help please!

(The funny thing is, I took these screenshots, went to dinner that night and as we were leaving the restaurant, a woman with the same hat walked in! It was white but I totally recognized all the same elements in it. I was too shy to ask her about it but, as I'm in LA and I know Althea was in Ohio when we first saw her in it, she must have gotten it from a national chain.)

Please comment here with any help or suggestions! Going to search Ravelry again...

1 comment:

kittywhumpus said...

Similar... but not quite?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/star-crossed-slouchy-beret