Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Silverlake Wine at Barnsdall Art Park

I have been having the most lovely couple of Friday evenings. One of my favorite wine stores, Silverlake Wine, is well known for having really fun tastings at their store. I've been going to them whenever possible over the years and have never been disappointed. Lots of great wine, great people, great cheese in a great environment... So when I saw that they were starting to expand their tastings to different venues in other parts of the city, I was really excited and into checking them out. And the latest is the absolute best...

Every Friday during the summer, Silverlake Wine is having a 4 wine tasting at Barnsdall Art Park in Los Feliz. You guys... Barnsdall Art Park! I know most, if not all, of you have never been there but let me tell you (I used to take ceramics classes there)... it's a beautiful hilltop Frank Lloyd Wright bedecked oasis in the middle of the city... and now they're having wine there. And you can bring a picnic! And it's only $15 for the entire thing! (The pours are heavy, too) How could there possibly be anything better than that?

Needless to say, I'm going to be going every Friday I can because it's only happening through the summer and that ends in what... a month? The first weekend I didn't get much picture-wise because I was on a date and taking pictures would have been weird. I got this one looking west, down onto Hollywood when I was leaving and, as he never called again and hence it wouldn't have mattered how weird I was, I wish I would have gotten more.


It was so beautiful...


The next week, it started out with just me and Christine but soon turned into a whole passel of hot dominatrixy type Ladies getting tipsy and swapping very funny "And then what happened?!" stories. We tried to keep our voices down but I think we entertained quite a few of the people around us. (One of whom took the above right picture which I found on the Barnsdall facebook page. Does this take you to the whole album?)


We had a really great spread, too


You can't tell here but there are a TON of babies at this event. I think it's one of the few places that hipster East Side parents can bring their kids but still go out, drink wine and feel like a grown up. They are everywhere and the plus side for us non-kid-having types is that we get to enjoy that awesome baby energy without having to take it home with us or change diapers while they scream. Win win.


Looking straight out west from the event, just after sunset. If you live in LA (and aren't a stalker) look for us here every Friday night.

1 comment:

kittywhumpus said...

oh maaaaaaaan. Next summer?