Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My first Mimolette

Last weekend, at our favorite wine tasting, we had lots of brand new company and a brand new spot. I'd been laying down the blanket in the same place because it had wonderful shade and good people watching but it was time to switch it up a bit.

Here we are getting set up (two blankets worth) and our view of the entrance. See that group of people in the distance? That's the line to get in. Early = good!


Our kick ass group this week! Christine, T&D, Laur and my old friend, J. He moved to LA last year and whenever he's not working like a dog, we try to hang out.


The four wines were pretty good this week but not the best we've had there. Our feast had a ton of new elements (yes, those are cheetos you see there). D is a total foodie so we had lots of fun pairing the wines with various elements of our meal. That big orange cheese is a Mimolette and was soooooo good.

Panorama... Can you find us? I put a green circle around our spot. It got CRAZY crowded and we were so happy to have gotten a good spot along the side although it made getting back and forth to the wine table a bit of an adventure.


This was a group we encountered on our labyrinthine quests back and forth. They were freaken PROS. We thought our feast was good? They were passing around huge bowls of food and had at least three blankets laid out to contain it all. I bow down before them... Most definitely something to strive for next year.


Not sure if we're going this weekend but for sure the 28th. It's the last one of the season and fingers crossed we can get a really big group for it. And then what am I going to have to blog about? I'll have to find something...

No comments: