Friday, August 21, 2009

Random Things

Some random stuff of the last few weeks. I've been in a very difficult spot for a little while with the lack of job/what am I doing with my life stuff. Remember when we were younger and it was good enough just to be alive and exploring the world with our pack of friends? Now, that exploring is more like wandering and I'm feeling very alone as one by one the friends pair up and drop out. Holing up and nesting while I just keep walking... somewhere...

- There's the business idea I've mentioned. The person who had said he'd back the project is no longer involved. I'm still wanting to do it but that's been a sad change. On a positive note, I was talking about the idea with a friend and it turns out she's had a similar idea! We've been talking about what we want to do and about working together.

- I haven't heard from the job I interviewed for and I'm assuming I didn't get it. The funny thing is, now that it's not going to happen, I've been able to look at the actual situation more clearly and I may have dodged a bullet. Owner is crazy and I don't want anymore crazy. Need sane now. Of course, now that I don't want the job, I'll probably get it. heh

- Got an email from a friend of a friend who's part of a TV show in production about "the underground scene" and wanting to talk to me about being a part of it. God, if only he would have come around a few years ago when the scene was good. Now, it's so fallen apart and pathetic. I'll email him back... who knows.

Ah life... good/bad/good/bad. We get so attached to the good and so afraid of the bad. I'm getting better at letting go of my white knuckled attachment to the outcomes but it's hard. Getting back into a regular meditation practice has helped a lot and I've been going to a very cool Buddhist meditation center once or twice a week. Don't know if it's "my" community yet but I like it.

- No wine tasting this weekend but next is the last one so we're going for sure.


- After the first interview last week, I got some cupcakes to celebrate and they were very very awesome.


- Last weekend, Laur was out of town so I went to hang with her cat, Piepurr, for a bit.


I miss having pets so it was nice to have some quality cat time. We've also been hiking Runyon Canyon every week, which is one of the biggest dog parks in LA. Lots of really fun dog energy.

- My sister is coming to visit next weekend and my heart could burst, I'm so looking forward to seeing her.


- There was a little street fair in my neighborhood last week and I finally replaced my old floppy brimmed hat. It was perfect for the Farmers Market the next day and, even though it's nearing the end of summer, I'll still be able to wear it for a while. This is LA after all.

- Wondering if the squirrels will come back with the changing of the season.


- My new favorite stand at the Farmers Market... the herb ladies


- Summer may be ending but that only means that autumn begins...