Yup, Ravelry.com is just awesome. I know I've gushed about it before but it needs doing again. I went to look up discussions about copyright and found exactly what I needed and then some. Turns out stitch patterns are not copyrighted and they're even looking at creating a stitch dictionary right there on the site. (you might have to be a member of the site to check that link.)
I also found the stitch pattern listed in multiple dictionaries and patterns for free so no worries at all about listing it here for you. Thank you, Ravelry!
To get this pattern, cast on a multiple of 10 sts, plus 3. For example, I wanted to repeat this pattern across 7 times so I cast on 73 stitches. If you want to make it narrower, you could cast on 43 and to make it wider, you might cast on 103. Any multiple of 10 and then you add 3.
I started out by knitting 3 rows to give it a bit of an edge and then started the pattern:
Row 1 (Right Side): K2, YO, K1, [slip 1, K1, PSSO], K3, K2tog, K1, *(YO, K1) twice, [slip 1, K1, PSSO], K3, K2tog, K1; repeat from * across to last 2 sts, YO, K2
Row 2 and all wrong side rows: Purl across
Row 3: K3, *YO, K1, [slip 1, K1, PSSO], K1, K2tog, K1, YO, K3; repeat from * across
Row 5: K4, YO, K1, [slip 1, K2tog, PSSO], K1, *YO, K5, YO, K1, [slip 1, K2tog, PSSO], K1; repeat from * across to last 4 sts, YO, K4
Row 7: K2, K2tog, K1, YO, K3, YO, K1, [slip 1, K1, PSSO], *K1, K2tog, K1, YO, K3, YO, K1, [slip 1, K1, PSSO]; repeat from * across to last 2 sts, K2
Row 9: K1, [slip 1, K1, PSSO], K2, YO, K3, YO, K2 *[slip 1, K2tog, PSSO], K2, YO, K3, YO, K2; repeat from * to last 3 sts, K2tog, K1
Row 11: K3 *K2tog, K1, (YO, K1) twice, [slip 1, K1, PSSO], K3; repeat from * across
Row 13: K2, K2tog, K1, YO, K3, YO, K1, [slip 1, K1, PSSO], *K1, K2tog, K1, YO, K3, YO, K1, [slip 1, K1, PSSO]; repeat from * across to last 2 sts, K2
Row 15: K1, [slip 1, K1, PSSO], K1, YO, K5, YO, K1, *[slip 1, K2tog, PSSO], K1, YO, K5, YO, K1; repeat from * across to last 3 sts, K2tog, K1
Row 17: K3, *YO, K1, [slip 1, K1, PSSO], K1, K2tog, K1, YO, K3; repeat from * across
Row 19: K3, *YO, K2, [slip 1, K2tog, PSSO], K2, YO, K3; repeat from * across
Row 20: Purl across
Repeat for as long as you want to make it! I then knit 3 rows to match the edge I started with.
Please let me know if you have any questions and don't let all the abbreviations intimidate you. Knittinghelp.com has this great glossary and once you get going, it'll get easier and easier.


1 comment:
Beautiful! Not sure that I'm brave enough to try something like this...but winter IS coming and the yarn store did get in some nice lace weights....
Great job and thanks for sharing the pattern!!
Post a Comment