Sunday, March 29, 2009

Squirreliness

Update on my little squirrely couple. I haven't seen a whole lot of them over the course of the winter, but here are a couple of notable run ins and I can only hope they're holed up somewhere, taking care of babies.


(L) One morning, I walked into the living room and there they were, on the windowsill together. One was kind of on top of the other one so I assume that one is the boy.
(C) I don't know if she shooed him off or he heard me but he backed off a little.
(R) In this one, he's moved all the way to the other side of the sill.

At that point, I started slowly moving closer to the window and he took off. But she stayed... Not only did she stay but she saw me and came up to get a closer look at me!


Pretty awesome. She said hi and then took off after her man.


The second run in took place one morning as I was going to take a shower. I had actually turned the water on and gotten in when I saw this:


See that darker shadow there? When it moves you can very easily tell it's a squirrel, hanging out and eating. Probably more bone.


He was so cool hanging out with me that he didn't even move while I turned the shower off, got out, got my camera, came back, took all of these photos and then even opened the window to get this last one. That was the point where he looked at me with a "Just couldn't leave me alone, huh?" and took off.

Seriously... if I have baby squirrels hanging out on my windowsill soon, they're going to have to watch out. I just might grab one.

No comments: