Wednesday, June 18, 2008

For those of you not in Southern California

For the first time, I don't have pictures of the GCP and I didn't even realize it until it was done. I think it was because it was really small and mellow and we were all too taken with our projects and the deep talks we were able to have as a small group. I love getting everyone together but it was a very nice change to have that intimacy.

I DO have a picture of my loop so far and I need your opinion:

Looks great, huh? Loving it, except for... you see the line of color change? Halfway through the stockinette section? Damn Malabrigo... they're all the same dye lot but pretty different colors. Now, everyone who's seen it kind of likes the color change and it's not like I hate it but it was unexpected so I'm having to get used to the idea. And honestly, having to rip the whole thing to alternate the colors through the whole thing? Not fun. I'll be able to live with it if everyone else LOVES it so chime in if you do.

Oh, and are you not in Los Angeles? Let me give you a little sip of the joy it is to drive a car in this town.



2 comments:

kittywhumpus said...

I love the yarn, and I would not have noticed the color change if you had not pointed it out... which malabrigo IS that? I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the malabrigo, and I don't think the color change is as drastic as you notice... :P

As for gas, be sure to check that Chevron on Cahuenga, right around the bend, after Yucca or Franklin. Last I checked, Premium had topped 5.00 there.

Gah.