Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Checking in

*whisper*... hi!

I have to be very quiet because I'm blogging from work. Most definitely won't be able to do this often but it's a relatively quiet Wednesday morning and there's no project taking me away from my desk at the moment.

It's the end of my first week! Wanted to let you know I'm alive and well and enjoying the new gig more and more, as I'm getting more comfortable.

I miss having a ton of online time, though. (I know, I know.... poor me) I got so used to living a big chunk of my life online and being able to upload photos, write and surf. Now, I might get a bit of nice down time during the day but most of my "online presence" time will be in the evenings or weekends. Or hell... who knows, I've only been here a week!

I also know I've been kind of cryptic about what my job is. I don't mean to be a tease but you know how it is, in this day and age. We put so much of ourselves out there into the public ether and that can really come back and bite you in the ass, especially when it comes to work and careers. Do I necessarily want to talk about "company secrets"? No, but I also don't want a client googling the company name and finding someone he has a working relationship with, talking about hot tubs. I'm sure you understand...

Suffice it to say, I work in the world of fashion and celebrity photography, in an entry level position. Moving up will definitely be in the cards so it's just a matter of when, which depends on me.

Oh, and knitting? Right... knitting... that thing I started this blog about? Last night, after work, I stopped at the library nearest here and got a couple of great stitch dictionaries, went home and scanned a few of my favorites. Want to do a couple of nice shawl/scarf kinds of things I can wear when it's chilly here. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and just wanted to congratulate you on your new job! It sounds like it could be incredibly fun and exciting, and I'm looking forward to hearing all the little tidbits you chose to share!

And keep the posts coming! Who cares if there's knitting or not... speaking of which, maybe I should get some content up on mine! ;-)

Anonymous said...

scarf scarf scarf.... scarfy scarf scarf.

i'm almost done with the one i started, with the rio de la plata yarn, but i have to start on my other skein, and i just don't have the patience to sit there for an hour and wind over 100 yards of yarn into a ball. LOL.

miss you