When I was at my old job, the only people I really saw were delivery guys and the guys I worked with. Add to that a couple of bosses over the years who "thought I was pretty", repeatedly being on the verge of being let go, and you have a pretty potent recipe for not dressing up.
But this job is the opposite. I'm going to be seeing a lot of people, my boss is an awesome woman, and I CARE. I want to look nice. So, H&M, here we come! Maybe a little Forever 21... an outlet or two? We'll see where the day takes us.
And as for this last weekend, talk about packed! No wonder it didn't feel like a weekend. On Thursday night, a group of us gathered at D's Amazing Loft, downtown, to watch the last few episodes of the final season of Sex and the City, in preparation for the movie on Friday. We had done a bunch of our favorite episodes on Memorial Day but I mixed alcohol with a hot tub that day and got a liiiiiiiiiiiittle tipsy. OK, a lot drunk. And I HATE getting drunk so that's all I'll say about that. (Except yeah... dude... they have a hot tub in their loft.)
And a projector...
Then, on Friday, I spent the morning packing up the last of my stuff and shipping a bunch off to the other office of the company. It was weird... kinda like digging your own grave... packing up your computer to ship off and taking yourself out of the security system. That was the last thing I did, on the way out... deleted myself! It was weird but you know... it felt really good, too. Done. Moving on to much bigger and better things and it's about damn time.
The head of HR took us all out to lunch, gave us our packages, (man, they take a LOT of taxes out of a severance check!) and we all went our separate ways. I'm really going to miss some of the guys there but hopefully we'll get together sometimes and catch up. I know everyone always says that but...
So then, Friday night, we went to the movie! A pretty good way to celebrate, for sure. A couple of the ladies met at my house and we went over to The Grove. We were really early so we could get a little shopping in and grab a great place in line. There ended up being almost a dozen of us! Everyone dressed up and, although we were cursing our heels by the end of the night, we had so much fun.


The movie was pretty awesome, too!
Saturday was spent washing and shining latex all day and then going to see a friend's work at a gallery opening. (You kick ass, Eric!) Sunday was the Fierce Couture Sample Sale and wow... what a total success. I totally forgot to take pictures, we were so busy. Some of my favorite pieces walked away with some of my favorite people and not only did it feel good to see that, it energized both Tressa and I to make a bunch of new stuff! So cool...
So yeah... weekend massive. Yesterday, I ran all over town getting errands done, got to spend a glorious afternoon with one of my favorite women, Marriah, and last night S&G came over and made dinner. Goddamn, I have great friends...
Today is a new moon and the perfect time to be getting ready for new beginnings. We even figured out that we haven't been going through Break Up Season 2008 as much as we've all been in the midst of New Beginnings Season 2008 and, even though it's just as scary, it's SO exciting, too.
I hope you're going through some great new beginnings and hopefully I'll get to stay in touch. I don't know how much I'll be online during the days and then everything else will be packed into the evenings. I can definitely say that an iPhone is in my immediate future so, who knows... I might be blogging from it on the bus or something! Who knows... who knows... I don't, but for one of the first times in a while, I'm excited about that...


No comments:
Post a Comment