Thursday, January 31, 2008

Suuuuuuuperbowl Sale

Dude, have you ever been to Unwind's Superbowl Sale? (I'm guessing not.) It's pretty awesome and this year, it's two days instead of just one! *pant pant*

Last year, I went in the middle of the day with my friend, L. Everything was kinda picked over and there was a line for checking out that was almost out the door. This year? I'm going to get there before it opens so I can be one of the first in line. How unbelievably DORKY is THAT?! I know... sooooo dorky but isn't that awesome? *I embrace my inner dork and take a deep breath of contentment* (By the way, I also get like this when I pick up my favorite bullwhip or latex outfit so there's that.)

Last night I went through my needles and a bunch of patterns I have in the "to make someday" pile and got out my favorites. Gonna make a list of yarn/needles needed and see if I can make a major investment in the Stash. mmmmmmm... Staaaaaaaaash

For you non-knitters out there, a "stash" is the same thing as a drug user's stash but yarn instead of dope. See? I told you... me = addicted, with yarn as my drug of choice. (And canes... god, I love me some good canes.)

It's funny... I'm going to geek out standing in line for a YARN store to open and, from there, go make latex clothes. heh Oh, that's right, I haven't told you about my other job. Well, let's take care of that now, shall we? I'm an Assistant Designer for Fierce Couture latex.

Latex, as in rubber, as in rubber clothing.


See? The clothes I'm wearing are made of rubber --------------->

I work with the wonderful and fabulously talented Tressa Williams, who created what is now considered to be one of the best latex clothing lines in the world.

How did I score THAT gig, huh? I begged. heh... Actually, we had met a while ago through mutual friends, I had borrowed clothes from her for shoots n' stuff and when she was looking for help, I was lucky enough to be right there jumping up and down, waving my hand in the air - "Me! Me! Pick me!" (I actually really did that.) Oh, I also had to be crafty enough (Crafty?! That's me!) to put the stuff together, which is HARD, letmetellyou. She was infinitely patient with me and even humors me now when I try design new stuff.

Hi Tressa! See you tonight!

So, yes. Getting ready for Saturday, when I'll be getting up even earlier than I have to get up to go to work, and if you knew me, you'd know how massive that is. Most weekends, it's my main mission to sleep in as long as I possibly can. Sleeping in makes getting up early the rest of the time bearable. And I have a major party to go to Saturday night... Sunday morning it gonna be sooooooo gooooooood. I'll get up and dive into my new Stash. ;)

No comments: