OK, so I have to cop to something... I have another blog.
I know... I'm such a cheater.
I've been writing in for a few years now but it's focused very closely on all of those other shenanigans I mentioned earlier. It's nice... I don't update it as often as I used to, partially because I don't like livejournal very much and partially because my level of involvement in that whole shenanigan filled scene has shifted. I'm not as involved in it as I used to be and that's very ok with me. It won't always be that way. I've started doing shoots again and am really excited about them. Performing at a big event next month, going to San Francisco for another... There will definitely be much posting about it, but it's not my whole life like it used to be.
There's also a looooooooot of drama in that scene and I know of a few people who read that blog for negative reasons. I had a stalker. It was no fun. I'll probably tell you all about it later.
SO, I was just moseying along, knitting and surfing the internet, when I stumbled upon a couple of really good knitting blogs. "Yay! Fun! Patterns? Advice? Ooooo... what's Ravelry?" (Still waiting for my account to be approved, btw)
One of them was Yarn-A-Go-Go, which, I think, is how I got to mk carroll, which, I know, is how I got to Crazy Aunt Purl. Craaaaaaaazy, awesome Aunt Purl... Hers is the first blog that I've ever gone to the first entry of and started reading the whole thing through, I love it so much. (I'm JUST starting on January 2006 so if you've read further, don't tell me what happens.)
She loves wine! So do I! She wears Uggs and drives a Jeep! So do I! Unwind is her favorite yarn store! Me too! It's like we're sisters... except for the part where most of the other stuff is different but who cares about that. She loves wine!
I am VERY lucky to have a best friend, (I have two best friends but that's a whole other entry,) who writes a kick ass blog, kittywhumpus. She's a seriously amazing writer who constantly knocks my socks off but I've been reading her blog since day one so there was no needing to go back and catch up. Purl, on the other hand, I'm taking the time to get to know.
Her hilarious and straight up honesty is what inspired me to do this. I'd been chafing against the narrow confines of my other blogging already but she put me over the edge and here I am, striving to be as true to myself as possible. It's pretty cool.
So, Crazy Aunt Purl? Thank you. One of these days, (when I get to the present day on your blog,) I'll comment and introduce myself. Hopefully, you still live in LA and we can run into each other at Unwind. (Are you going to the sale on Saturday?!?!) Until then, I've got a lot of reading to do. Gotta get back to it...
Still Parenting...
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment