Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Snuggled up with the parade and some coffee with Baileys, remembering many wonderful Thanksgivings past and looking forward to an incredible meal tonight.

Growing up, we always had Thanksgiving at our Grandma's or at our house so cooking the turkey and laying out the huge meal has tons of great kid memories from over the years.

11 years ago was a really memorable Thanksgiving. I had moved out of my apartment and had to spend a month crashing on various sofas around town before finally being able to move into the building I still live in now. I moved everything in the day before Thanksgiving; crashed on my futon in the middle of the living room that night; woke up the next morning, turned on the parade and started unpacking. It was one ofthe most gratitude filled days I'd ever had and I'll never forget it.

2 years ago, I had my favorite Thanksgiving to date and thinking about it a lot today. I spent it with my sister, in Boston, and chronicled it very extensively here with:


Last year, I worked.

And this year, I wish I was with my family but I'm very much enjoying our little traditions here by myself and looking forward to the fantastic events of tonight.

Tonight, Eva and I are going to the home of our friends, K&K. They are chef level cooks and use this day as the perfect excuse to create a fantastic meal. Way back when it was just K, it all started when he wanted to cook but didn't want to do the traditional turkey. So, he invited everyone over for seafood! Lobster... shrimp... fish... it was absolutely unreal. That has evolved into a 10 to 12 course French (or whatever they feel like, with French being the most difficult, interesting and delicious) meal with wine pairings for each course. I had to miss it last year, which makes being able to go this year, even more exciting.

Hope you're having a great day of reflecting on what you're grateful for! I most definitely am and looking forward to many fantastic Thanksgivings to come.

No comments: