Saturday, June 12, 2010

Well this is unusual

Whoa... I'm finding myself posting without a pressing piece of knitting that needs to be shared or a deep sense of guilt forcing me.

Just wanna say hi. Hi!

I'm putting together a press kit for the band and it's turning out to be pretty fun. I've also upgraded my browser software so it's not so hellish to have Safari open and running. Anyone else find that Safari turned their computer's insides to molasses? It might be that little RAM upgrade I did, too... Either way, no more molasses so it's easier to get here and post to you fine people.

Karen, I'm drinking one of the Orange Blossom Ales you left in the fridge. This is really good...

Went to the Barnsdall Wine Tasting last night with Eric. It was lovely but man, has it become overrun with kids. I mean, REALLY overrun. I very very much appreciate that it's one of those few events that parents can bring their kids to and still get to act like grown ups but man... overrun. I got that same feeling I get when I'm at family reunions and the only one without offspring to add to the pack of screaming children. On the one hand, I feel utterly out of place, and on the other, I'm so grateful to not have that haunted, miserable, exhausted look that so many of my cousins have on their faces. Not sure how often I'm going to be going back this year.

I'm utterly aware that I could be responding to the crowd a little differently now that I'm 40, single and childless instead of 39, single and childless. Regardless, there were still a lot more screaming kids there.

Eva is still in Portland. I still miss her terribly. My life is very different without her here.

Haven't heard anything about the potential new job and actually feeling fine about that.

Totally hooked on the Stieg Larsson trilogy and can barely put them down. The new Anita Blake, however, is even more pulpy and porny than the last 18 books in the series. Loved/hated it, as usual.

I just wrote a couple of things and deleted them.

This is freaken hysterical...



No comments: