Saturday, June 5, 2010

The End of the Christmas Knitting

I know... took me long enough. Right? My only excuse is that it's lace. A lot of lace. And, as much as I've been enjoying it, this is really only my second lace piece so I'm not super fast. Also, that post-birthday depression really kicked my ass. But I am now back in the land of the functioning and social and I was able to knock out the last of my sister's Christmas Scarf.



This piece is pretty gorgeous. I got the pattern free from Unwind when I bought the yarn, Filatra di Crosa "Superior" 70% Cashmere & 30% Silk. Aaaaaaaaaawesome yarn. Gotta get some more for myself. My sister got it and just loves it so Christmas knitting is now complete and a definite success! *whew*

Maybe I should start next Christmas' knitting now so they actually GET it on Christmas. Just a thought...

In other news, I started a second job assisting a friend of mine who has a ton on his plate but who's band is freaken GOOD and starting to take off a bit. That equals a bunch more work so hopefully we'll be a good fit and I can take some of the load off of him. His band is called the Dance Hall Pimps and if you're ever in LA during one of their shows, go see them! You will have an absolute blast. You can join their fan page here if you're so inclined.

I'm also about to go to a second interview for a totally new day job. I'm excited about it but I'm also not all freaking out about it, which is good for me. The last couple of gigs, I've gotten all "this is the BEST and will solve ALL of my problems!!!" and that's just not very helpful for anyone anymore. Nothing solves all of anyone's problems. I'm feeling pretty mature and realistic going into this, so whatever the outcome, progress has been made. (I'll tell you more about it if I get it.)

And next weekend, Barnsdall Wine Tastings are back! Caaaaaaan't waaaaaaaaaaait...

No comments: