Much better... turning from a shrug into a wrap but that's a-okay with me. I'll wear it a LOT more often. Halfway done and should finish it tomorrow at the GCP. It's the April Birthday edition so there will be a lot more spanking. Again, I'll spare you.
What is it with Spring birthdays? Seems like so many people I know were born in March, April, May. We're having a party at the club next weekend for FOUR of us. If we didn't combine like that, there's no way we could all have parties without everyone either having to skip some or pass out from sheer party exhaustion.
Speaking of exhausted... that's where I've been. Working in the studio all day and then trying to fit everything into my overcrowded schedule. Eva breezily said to me last week "I get you the evening of April 23rd" and I laughed. "Actually, I might be able to reschedule something to get that night free. Two weeks out is booked." Of course I rescheduled. She's my wifey! Her boyfriend's birthday is in April, too (see?) and she got us all tickets to the This American Life live broadcast for our presents. She's so awesome.
So yeah, that overcrowded schedule thing has gotta change. I know... your heart bleeds for me, but it's not popularity. It's bad time management. Need to stop getting wrapped up in "the scene" again... going out... being uber-social. Again... better time management needed so it's not draining.
I know a big part of that is being single and doing it all on my own, especially with so many couples in our group of friends. There's never that "third wheel" feeling (well maybe a little sometimes) but mostly it's that, after a while, it all just starts to feel empty. I am blessed to have some of the most wonderful friends on the planet but... you know.
Oh, and then there's that whole "this time of year is really hard for me anyway" thing. (btw, if you go back and read that entry? Yup, I totally cringed when I read it. Like I'll cringe when I come back and read this one next year.) I also think it might be that Spring doesn't really mean anything here in LA. There's no seasonal change... no transitions... it just goes on and on...
OK, enough of this crap. I have a date this week! Yay! Next weekend is my birthday and I've got a lot to be thankful for. Gotta get back to knitting my shrug/wrap and cleaning the house for the Ladies. I rearranged the living room again. ha!


No comments:
Post a Comment