First were the ones I knew would take the longest.... lace.


Mom wanted a scarf like the one I did for my sister last year but in a pink or coral. My sister wanted another in a blue but I couldn't handle doing that same pattern again (lovely though it is) so I found this pattern in "Knitted Lace of Estonia" by Nancy Bush. God, that's a great book for lace. I started them in October, just to be sure I'd get them done and I was so glad I didn't have to rush this stuff.
Then was a series of cowls: Serenity is a wonderful, and wonderfully simple, recipe from my favorite gals over at Unwind. It's a two piece cowl and shawl set and I decided to do a bunch of the cowl parts in different colors for some of my favorite women, with the thought being that I'd save one for myself and do the shawl in whatever color I decided to keep for me. Of course, I decided to go a nice, dark red. The best part of these is that they're all just k1, p1 ribbing so they're a great palate cleanser when the lace starts to make your eyes cross.





Last, but certainly not least, was a series of one of the cutest hats you'll ever see: Capucine. It started when my sister mentioned how much she loved the hat I made her last year but would love one that covered her ears.
This one definitely covers the ears and is just so freaken cute, I not only made one for my sister but I made one for myself, one for my mom and one for Eva. And on my sister's, I rigged snaps so you can take the tassels off the bottom and attach ties.
And now I'm off to tackle miles and miles of k1, p1 and maybe get a new project started. It's going to either be Daybreak or Encompass but both will be on the needles soon. Happy 2011!
This one definitely covers the ears and is just so freaken cute, I not only made one for my sister but I made one for myself, one for my mom and one for Eva. And on my sister's, I rigged snaps so you can take the tassels off the bottom and attach ties.
And now I'm off to tackle miles and miles of k1, p1 and maybe get a new project started. It's going to either be Daybreak or Encompass but both will be on the needles soon. Happy 2011!








No comments:
Post a Comment