Sunday, September 5, 2010

Thank god the summer is over

I know, I know... I suck. Moving on...

I've actually been knitting! A friend of mine from work, Camille, suggested we knit a hat and scarf set for a friend of ours who's moving to Chicago. She's working on the hat and I've got the scarf, which is just row after row of the most awesome, satisfying stockinette. It's been so long since I've had a project that was just straight up knitting that you could do without counting and constant pattern watching etc etc. It's been absolutely lovely.

Not done yet but waiting to get a color back from her so got a head start of the major blocking that will be necessary to keep it from being a big curled up tube:



Malabrigo Worsted in Olive with some stripes of the leftover brown and black I used for the armwarmers I made way back when. Man, how long ago was that? February, 2008... god, going back and looking at old entries sucks right now. Although it's funny... the one that had a great big "I love my life!" in it is just weeks before I broke up with my boyfriend because I was so miserable. Ah, life online...

Is it better to not say anything at all, if you can't say anything nice, or to pretend? I wonder how many abandoned blogs there are out there in the e-world because real life became not very fun to write about?

The ebb and flow of life. Sometimes it flows outward and you want to share it all and then it pulls in and just the idea of sharing it feels draining.


Me, in Boston over the 4th of July.


Shooting a movie this last month. I was the ghost/villain so I looked lovely and then SCARY

And aside from the looks in those two pictures, it's been the look of the Boston pic for months, except in my living room. I'll blog again when that changes.

xo

1 comment:

kittywhumpus said...

Um, hello, Gorgeous!

Though I have to say, I might love the first one even more than the red one because I love sitting and drinking wine with you, and I think that photo really captures you in a most pleasant way... MISS you!