Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Big News and Xmas Knitting Continues

Hey All! How was your Valentine's Day? Mine was lovely. I shared it with a very nice bottle of wine.

Thank god that's over.

I've been plugging along with headshots, getting my resume together, figuring out what the next step is. In the meantime, my most wonderous wifey, Eva, got an amazing job! One day she was crying on my sofa because she didn't know how she was going to pay rent that month and the next day she got a great job lead. The day after, was interviewing and the day after that, got the call! It's been unreal.

This is a job that's going to really change her career and her life. (If you're just joining us and don't know what Eva does, she's a make-up artist in the film industry. A great gig if you can get it but in this economy, it's been really difficult.) It's a TV show and she's going to be the Key, which is second in command after the Head of the Department.

The down side of this great job? It shoots in Portland, Oregon, and she's going to be up there for 6 months. AND she has to leave in about a week! Crazy... Looks like I'm going to be visiting Portland this summer. Whoot! More details as they come.

In other news, the Christmas Knitting continues with my Sister's Scarf. Yes, another scarf but this one is very different from the warm and bulky cable fun of last year. This is a lacy, cashmere bit of loveliness that will be perfect for spring and autumn accessorizing.



Free pattern is here (scroll down to the bottom and it's second from the right.) It is so freaken gorgeous, I'm going to have to make another for myself after I finish Mom's hat and Eva's hat and mittens. hmmmm... yeah, that'll be just in time for next autumn.

No comments: