As you may know, I've not really been knitting much lately, as ceramics take up a lot of time and creative energy but also because it's summer so it's been HOT. Wool and heat do not mix, especially for someone who's been craving cool, wet weather for years. Literally.... years.
So it kind of snuck up on me when I was watching the new series, Outlander, and this gorgeous, super chunky cowl burst onto the screen, practically screaming KNIT ME!!!
And who am I to argue with sneaky, super chunky, screaming cowls?
Add to this the fact that we're starting to get some beautiful, cool mornings here in Portland, which is bringing thoughts of cozy autumn evenings to my head...
And then this happened.
Here I am, walking along, minding my own business when Pearl Fiber Arts LEAPS out at me, (I know... lots of sneaking and screaming and leaping in this one,) and I see this in it's front window.
Click on the picture to embiggen and you'll see close up the unmitigated disaster this wall of yarn was to my knitting willpower. It's..... it's super chunky yarn the likes of which I don't know if I have ever seen. As they don't really have a whole lot of alpaca farms around Los Angeles, (where I've been living for the past umpteen years if you're new here,) that is unsurprising. But now that I'm in Portland, Oregon, the natural fiber sources abooooound. I'm a goner.
So! I got these:
I've looked up these:
http://outlanderevangelist.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/the-outlander-evangelist-knits-again/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutlanderPatterns/846542588689843/
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-gathering-2
And tomorrow I'm going to get my gigantic skein of yarn.
It's on.
(except I might have to wait a liiiiiiittle bit to start as it's supposed to be in the freaken 80's this whole week and into the next. We'll see...)
When it's in the 70's at least, IT'S ON!
So! I got these:
I've looked up these:
http://outlanderevangelist.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/the-outlander-evangelist-knits-again/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutlanderPatterns/846542588689843/
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-gathering-2
And tomorrow I'm going to get my gigantic skein of yarn.
It's on.
(except I might have to wait a liiiiiiittle bit to start as it's supposed to be in the freaken 80's this whole week and into the next. We'll see...)
When it's in the 70's at least, IT'S ON!







2 comments:
Which pattern do you think you will ultimately use? I'll have to dig out my stash and see what I have that I could use. I am SO NOT ALLOWED to buy new yarn... But I would have to get needles because I don't have any that would also qualify as bludgeoning tools
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with OutlanderEvangelist's. It seems the closest to what I would make up on my own to match the photos and her pictures look pretty right on.
The needles were only $12! You're allowed to do that. :) xoxo
Post a Comment