Well, you start to get your groove on and you can build up a bunch of work that needs to be fired. That's where I found myself in April but I hadn't loaded and fired a kiln in over 10 years so I was really nervous to do it on my own. Luckily, one of the studio managers, Craig, (most likely in the interest of not wanting to see the studio burned down,) helped me out. My first kiln!
Everything on the shelves and getting loaded in.
24 hours later!
I tried a lot of glaze experiments in this round and a lot of them didn't work out but there were a few awesome pieces and it definitely got me closer to figuring out what direction I want to go in glaze-wise.
I have another kiln reserved for next weekend! A lot of new glaze experiments and my shapes getting better and better. Might I be opening my etsy store soon? We shall see...




No comments:
Post a Comment